Interesting Facts About Solar Energy
- Solar energy will not pollute our air with carbon dioxide and other harmful
greenhouse gases and harmful emissions.
- As it becomes increasingly popular among more people around the world, the demand for solar energy now exceeds the supply.
- The world's largest PV installation is in Germany, at Hemau in Bavaria. Despite the fact that Germany recieves moderate amount of sun energy.
- Many auto companies are now making hybrid cars that will reach the market around 2012.
- The unit of energy used to measure solar energy is the kilowatt hour (1 kilowatt = 1000 watts).
- One kilowatt hour (kwh) is equal to the amount of electricity required to burn a 100 watt light bulb for 10 hours.
- Solar energy is used to heat pool water,
power outdoor lighting,
and charge batteries.
- Solar panels operate silently, eliminating noise pollution.
- You can easily add more solar panels to meet your increasing energy needs.
- To get most out of solar panels, install the panels on a relatively large area.
- Solar products, such as
solar attic fans and
solar tubular skylights, require very little maintenance and have long lives.
- When you use solar energy you can generate more power than you use allowing you to
sell the remainder to electric companies.
- In 1990, an airplane successfully used
solar energy to cross United States.
- You can even cook using solar energy by
installing and using a
- The current price of solar thermal energy is approximately 12 cents (US) per kilowatt hour. Many economists predict that the price will drop over the next 8 years to 6 -7 cents per kilowatt hour.
Go Back To Home Page - Solar Gadgets Information from Interesting Facts About Solar Energy